Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9-11

Eight years ago today, our world was rocked as the twin towers fell after a terrorist attack. Soon we learned the Pentagon had also been attacked, and another plane was derailed from its attack plans by the passengers aboard...giving their lives to save others.

Lives were lost that day. Those lives that remained were changed. My own sister (My ADHD Me) became a Volunteer Firefighter in tribute to the firefighters who lost their life that day.

But what about the rest of us? I know I'm not firefighter material! But we can all do something.

Today is the National Day of Remembrance, and all Americans are encouraged to "do something" in memory of those lives lost. Visit my article HERE to get ideas on what you can do. Like my sister, we can all make a difference.

John 15:13 -- Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Matthew 7:12 -- So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.


Chatty Kelly

12 comments:

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

I still remember the morning well. I still have a lump in my throat as I think about it.

Our church is hosting a national town hall meeting tonight "Inside The Revolution" (Janet Parshall, Joel Rosenberg, etc). I have the humbe privilege of serving at church today by preparing for this evening's event.

More information:
http://www.insidetherevolution.org/

Thanks, Kelly. Thanks to your sister, too. Warm hugs to you both.

(OK, I am crying now.)

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

well put Kelly. Good for your sister to become a volunteer like that.
Love Collette xxx

My ADHD Me said...

None of us will every forget what we were doing on that awful morning. And we shouldn't.

So many heroes that day. Not just firefighters, police officers, and military. Regular American citizens proved to the world that American Pride DOES still exist.
Unfortunately, as time goes on, many fall back into their routines and day to day lives and forget what is important.....God, Family, United States of America-What else could anyone need?

(and you're right, you aren't firefighter material...lol...but believe me, you do your part)

B His Girl said...

As I pray for the friends and families who lost people they loved, I am also reminded of what happened after this tragedy. Churchs filled with people gathering to pray. God was being talked about on the news. As a nation, we cried out to Him. Not sure where we are on those things now. B

LisaShaw said...

Remembering and praying still...

Grateful for the service of your sister and all others...

Blessings and peace!

Andrea said...

Remembering with you, andrea

Greg C said...

I think one firefighter in the family is enough. My hat is off to her and you for all you do to make this a better place to live. I'm with B on this one. I remember how many people prayed when this happened and wonder how many of them are still praying.

KrippledWarrior said...

Please Mr. President let me push one darn button... George C. Scott in "Dr. Strangelove".

Laurie said...

I remember the day well, too. That is great about your sister and yes, we can all make a difference. (I loved your suggestions on your column.)
Blessings, Laurie

Edie said...

You and your sister are both appreciated for doing what God designed you to do.

Remembering and praying with you.

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

Keeping this day in prayer as we remember so many lives that were changed forever that day.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

lisasmith said...

I still remember where I was, my reaction, the days after. Yes, I will remember. Praying today for those still grieving and the loss they live with.