Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Dozen Meme for Linda



1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share. This is from my eight grade graduation, it is my dad and me. Thankfully I grew out of this stage. Does anyone had positive memories from middle school?



2. What's your favorite Beatles song? I don't like the Beatles, but my favorite song by them is Long & Winding Road, performed by David Archuleta.

3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be? Cotton PJ Pants and a cotton t-shirt.

4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest? Be a guest! What time should I be there?

5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that? I love holding a book, underlining key phrases, and everything about it. I will miss books.

6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing? I guess by listening. I'm not sure.

7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?) Well if I can remember back that far (!), I like cleanliness. Clean nails, well dressed, just a lot of care about personal appearance. (Like who knew right, I am the germ-freak.)

8. Snacks. Salty or sweet? Sweet!!!

9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there? There is a wrapped graduation gift I bought for my kids former sitter when she graduated from high school 2 years ago. I always meant to give it to her...never did. I need unwrap and regift I guess.

10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie? Days of Thunder. Although Rain Man and Jerry McGuire were both good too. "Show me the money!"

11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle? Give it away. I usually ask my sisters, and one of them will use it. However, I've been using the same shampoo (Redken Fresh Curls) for a long time and love it.

12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.) I love a good stew or soup. And BREAD!! Give me a hot roll and a bowl of soup and I am a happy gal.



Chatty Kelly

26 comments:

Sue J. said...

Would that be chocolate Amish friendship bread??

I like the picture of you and your dad. I hope you don't grow out of that phase, except for maybe the lacy trim!

Runner Mom said...

Love these!!! Ok, my fav Tom Cruise movie was Top Gun! That age I was in I guess!!
Hugs!
Susan

Dena said...

Great answers and I think the picture of you and your dad is very sweet.

Andrea said...

I, too love writing in my books...my hubby teases me about my study Bible. He says,"It looks like a coloring book."

Blessings, andrea

Melli said...

Sounds like you and Panera get along great in Autumn! Come to think of it, I love Panera in Autumn too! Broccoli Cheddar bread bowl! YUM!

I love the pic of you and your dad.

Divine Mrs D said...

I think I agree with you on the middle school thing. So rarely are there good memories!!

And bread. Oh yes. I am a carb-o-holic.

My ADHD Me said...

4. But you're such a GOOD hostess!!

5. I agree 100%!!!

11. You need to try some new brands....I'm running low..haha

12. I'll join you!

Greg C said...

I love this list Kelly. I like Top Gun the best and my favorite Beatles song is The Fool on the Hill because it reminds me of a special time.

2Thinks said...

#1.Nope #3.,4.,7.and 12.- me too!!

Joyce said...

love the gift story...I was afraid I was the only one who did stuff like that. Well, except my mom...that's where I get it from : )

Julie Gillies said...

That picture of you with your dad is ADORABLE, Kelly! You are still just as cute...in a grown-up way, of course.

I'm right there with you on #12...my favorite meal is GOOD soup and GOOD bread (especially on a cold day!).

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Oh, love the soup thing, too! Yesterday I used a gift card for Panera toward a nice bowl of soup with a whole grain bagette to dip in! :) Simple pleasures....

I'll admit it...8th grade was my favorite year of school. Can you believe it? Middle school! (lots of hard memories, too, though)

In my parameters....I have my Jules Organic Thin Crust box next to me right now (treated myself to a slice after Bible study). If loving Jules Thin Crust Veggie #1 is wrong, I don't want to be right! :)

Great meme!

skoots1mom said...

such a good picture...
middle school was tough...
enjoyed your list

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

I had some great positive moments of high school, I wasn't the popular kid but I do remember so of my favorite classes like creative writing and science fiction!

My favorite Tom Cruise movie would have to be Jerry McGuire. Something about a woman who would give up everything for someone who inspires her and then ultimately completes her! Do you know that human head weighs 6 pounds?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Jewel said...

What about cheesy tomato soup in a bread bowl? Yummo!

Susanne said...

Hey, I'm typing this comment and your comment on my post dinged in. Bet we couldn't do that again if we tried.

LOL on the gift. Been there done that.

Stew and bread. Yum! All this talk of fall comfort food is making me hungry!

Susan said...

Love your answers, Kelly!! I love the picture of you and your Dad.

Hugs,

Susan

LisaShaw said...

This was great to read Kelly. I wasn't a Beattles fan either but I also liked that same song. I also enjoyed Jerry McQuire but you really have me with the books. I will miss them very much.

I'm a new, hard covered book junkie!

Love ya.

SouthLakesMom said...

Be so grateful that your dad was thrilled to be in that photo with you! And that you still have the photo! Blessings...

Linda said...

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Ellen from Thirty Something? She was my favorite.

Now I want some hot bread. This was a fun meme.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Soup and bread....can it get any better, LOL!
Great answers!

Mocha with Linda said...

Loved your answers!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

I love soup and hot bread and butter! Great list Kelly!
Love Collette xxx

Jerralea said...

You made a good point: I'd miss underlining in books. I would too! How could I study without underlining? I must have real books!

Stew sounds like a great fall comfort food. I love mine with cornbread ....

quilly said...

Bread. Fresh homemade bread with real butter and a nice yummy soup! That's definitely comfort food!

Edie said...

You look just like YOU! :) And "no", no one has positive memories from middle school.

#5 - I think it's unanimous. I haven't seen one person that didn't want the book, including me.

#7 Hygiene is a big deal for me.

Loved this!!