Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 6/25

What I'm thankful this week:

1. Praying friends. I was having a really bad day on Friday and sent an SOS to my friend Sonya. She started praying for me and my whole day turned around and ended up having a wonderful Friday afternoon/evening. What a blessing to have friends to pray for us!

2. Vacation Bible School - my church has VBS for the kids & adults! So I'm enjoying learning too. (Cici couldn't hang, it was too late for her, so Gigi has been going and Cici's been having time with dad at home).

3. Cici's first sleepover. She & Gigi both spent the night with their friends, which meant I got a date night. Woo!

4. Bloggy gifts, awards & prizes. (See yesterday's post.)

5. God's abundant patience with me. I am evidently a slow learner. ;-)

What are you thankful for this week?

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey


Chatty Kelly

15 comments:

Andrea said...

I am thankful for you!! You are an inspiration. GOD BLESS, andrea

Jeanette Levellie said...

Kelly: I am thankful for my wonderful husband and kids, who are all serving Jesus, and that my son has decided to quit smoking (would you please agree in prayer with me for him? Thanks!).

I thank God for a generous friend who gave us $1200 to fly to CA for my dad's memorial service tomorrow, and that Dad was a Believer who is now dancing with Jesus on sparkly gold streets!

I love your blog,
Jen

Gina Stinson said...

I love those friends who are willing to hit their knees for me!

Great list!

Gina

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Friends who pray for you are so important and we should request this more shouldn't we!

Love Collette x

Greg C said...

I have been getting some pretty great prizes lately too. Blogging friends are the best in my book. I loved your last post with the 10 things. I can identify with most of them. :)

My ADHD Me said...

I'm so glad Friday worked out!!!

And hurray for Cici.....not that we ever doubted it!!!!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Praying friends are definitely something to be thankful for!

Genny said...

Thanks for the reminder to stop and be thankful this morning! I'm thankful for praying friends too. This was sweet.

Lea said...

Hey Kelly,
Loved your #1. Nothin like sending out a smoke signal to your prayer warrior.

Hope your vbs is great! Ours is in about a month! Yay!

Edie said...

1. Praying friends are the best kind to have, and a God who hears is a blessing!

2. Glad you and Gigi are enjoying VBS. I wish my girls could have gone to VBS. *sigh*

3. How did the sleepover go? Sounds like that was a win/win situation!

5. Me too.

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

What a great list to be thankful for. First sleepovers are a little scary. I can remember leaving my girls for the first time. I think I called every hour!

Mocha with Linda said...

1. Air conditioning
2. Air conditioning
3. Air conditioning

christy rose said...

I am so thankful for His patience too!
And I agree with Mocha with Linda...Air conditioning! Whew!

Truth4thejourney said...

I need to add to my list, that my friend Kelly brought me an iced coffee and some great conversation today! Had a blast. Can't wait to get together again next week!

Love you!
Sonya Lee

Yolanda said...

We are so blessed and am thankful for much! I'm glad that you had a date night, those unexpected ones are just the best, are't they? ;-)