Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 2/26

It's the time in the week where I pause to think of 5 things, big or small, that I am thankful for this week.

1. A babysitter! Date night is coming up, and it will be nice to go out with my hubby sans kids.

2. My dog Buddy. He is a sweet pup and such good companionship. I love my dog! (He is a Boston Terrier).

3. Encouragement. I received 2 encouraging cards in the mail this week. One from a good friend and the other from my sister. I love getting mail, and encouragement is the best.

4. My children's friends. Both my girls have best friends who are good kids (sisters too) from a good family. It's so nice to be able to switch off for playdates and know the kids are happy and well cared for.

5. Jesus! I'm so thankful for a Savior that truly experienced all the emotions and feelings I do, and I know he can relate to what I'm feeling in good times and not so good. Yay Jesus!

BONUS**I'm thankful for Sonya - who celebrated her birthday this week and is the host for the Thankful Thursday meme.

That's it. A moment to pause and think of things for which I'm thankful. What are you thankful for this week? You can join this meme by clicking the button below to visit Truth4theJourney.

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

17 comments:

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Kelly - isn't it great to be thankful? I just love to take the time to reflect on all the good things when sometimes all we hear are the bad things!

Enjoy your date night! I think I have a date with some grandkids tomorrow night :)

In Him,
Beth

Greg C said...

I am thankful for great bloggers like you Kelly. Thanks for keeping me going during the difficult times.

LisaShaw said...

Love your list! Enjoy your upcoming date night. Those are VERY special times!!!

I am thankful for all that the LORD has graced us with by just allowing us through Christ to be in His presence. Aww, that is where I experience fullness of JOY!

God bless you Kelly and your precious family. I enjoy my visits.

Mary Moss said...

Great list, Kelly! Enjoy your date night!

Yolanda said...

Kelly,

I am thankful for you and your heart for Christ!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

The Quiet One said...

What a great list! Being thankful is so good for the spirit don't you think?

Edie said...

Hey have a great date night! Always thankful for good friends like you. :D

Runner Mom said...

I love taking time to think about all that I am thankful for. Right now, I am thankful that child #2 is finally better after 3 days with the stomach bug and is back at school.

Hope you and you hubby enjoy your date night!
Hugs,
Susan

My ADHD Me said...

It is so important to try to always think of what we are thankful for, it helps make the problems stay away from the front of our minds...at least temporarily.

I'm thankful that I don't have date night..opps..that was ugly. /. .|
.
[__}

My ADHD Me said...

That was a smiley face on my last comment. Unfortunately, after I hit post, the nose and mouth moved to the beginning of the line.

Oh well.

Beverlydru said...

Thank you for your understanding comment on my post. : ) Friends... what a gift.

My ADHD Me said...

Hey, reguarding the post at 2nd cup of coffee.
Like you, I was SO impressed with myself that I got the number right.
NEVER had a CLUE there was a bear!!!

lol

That's what our kids are counting on!

kelli said...

Its wonderful that your girls have great friends. I have been praying for a while that my dd would find a friend like that. Great list of things to be thankful for!!

B His Girl said...

You list is great and your dog is cute! B

Jenny said...

Love the post. I love your dog, I have a Boston too.

Marla said...

Great things to be thankful for. My husband and I went out together all the time.

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Great list Kelly!
Im off to catch up on your blog and read about your birthday and date night!
Im thankful for Chatty Kelly!