Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgving Meme

Taking a "vacation day" today to prepare for Thanksgiving. So just for fun, here is my Thanksgiving meme. Play along if you want, or post in the comments, or just read and then get back to your own cooking! HAPPY THANKSGIVING BLOG FRIENDS!!!

1. Which do you like better: cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? I prefer going elsewhere. But it's my turn!

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? Frozen.

3. What kind of stuffing? My dad makes the BEST dressing (not stuffing).

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Chocolate! (LOL!)

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? The point! Yummy.

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Probably my sweet potato casserole. It depends on who you ask....

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? My sister, ET always takes dibs on the carcass. (yuck)!

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? A double oven!

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? We eat lunch. I cook some things the day before, and we also do "potluck" style, so everyone is bringing something. Then it's not too much work on anyone.

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? Sweet potato casserole

11. Is your cranberry sauce fresh or canned? My mom used to make a cranberry jello salad. This year my brother is making cranberry bars. No cranberry sauce.

12. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Dessert! But usually I have to wait a while before I can eat it. With Cool Whip!

My Thanksgiving Wish for You:
May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious, And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off of your thighs!


Colossians 3:15 -- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

1 Chronicles 29:13 -- Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

Psalm 106:1 -- Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.


Chatty Kelly

22 comments:

Truth4thejourney said...

Hi Kelly,

I have family, lots of family here so we go to one of the Mother's homes each year. Once, just onece I LOVE to have a thanksgiving meal at mine.

I always bring a cold broccoli salad. My favorite thing is the turkey with gravy and I live for the leftovers. :)

Happy Thanksgiving.
Sonya

Homesteader in Training said...

I am so with you on a lot of that! I wish I had a double oven!
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs.
Kim

Beverlydru said...

Have a joyful day with your precious family. I'm thankful for you! YOu make the blogoshpere better by being here.

Sue J. said...

We're traveling for Thanksgiving, but I've got the pumpkin pie (and I always get cautious eyes because I make mine from uncanned pumpkin; you never know how it might taste!), pumpkin rolls, sweet potato casserole and a pear pie (which is the test item....must always test items on the family!)

Since we haven't traveled in years, that in itself will be an adventure.

Enjoy yourself.... It will make for a fun blog! (Or, at least the kids blog should have some fun stuff--LOL!!)

Irritable Mother said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Regarding the leftovers, I have a yummy recipe which I love to use up the leftovers. You take the stuffing and press it in a pie plate as the crust. Top with cubed turkey and a cup of shredded cheese. Then combine three eggs with half a cup of milk, pour it over the cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

See? Now I'm looking forward to Friday's dinner! *grin*

The Patterson 5 said...

I think it is fun to do thanksgiving both ways either at my house or at someone elses (usually when it is at my house I am working that afternoon so a definate garantee that I will not be doing ANY dishes!) This year we are going to my mom's!

I usually buy a fresh bird and I brine it like your brother does! :)

We make dressing as well we don't stuff.

I love ALL desserts!

When it is at my mom's I do not bring anything but me (and my children of course!) When going to Mr P's family mashed potatoes and my green beans are always asked for.

I make fresh cranberry sauce and or a apple cranberry crisp (practacally a dessert)

Thank you for your wish!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Greg C said...

How about this.....My house, Frozen, obviously you have never tasted MY dressing, Pumpkin, the point, my dressing, Save it for soup, Bigger kitchen, We eat around 1, Develed eggs, canned, the turkey smothered with gravy.

Here is a wish for you:

May you and your family have a truely blessed Thanksgiving.

Bonita said...

Loved learning more about your Thanksgiving habits. I decided to this meme on my blog too.

My ADHD Me said...

HI.
I'm SO Glad I'm Not Preparing Thanksgiving Dinner!!!

YAY!

I did your Meme on my blog.

See you tomorrow...no stress, (at least for me!)

Melanie said...

We had an early Thanksgiving meal with my parents in MS on Sunday. (I read the book you sent on the drive.) We're back home now and will have friends over Thursday. Like you, if I didn't make my sweet potato souffle, it wouldn't be a real TG dinner. Thankfully, Mother made extra dressing for me and I will bake it Thursday--another must have dish.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I've got a post pre-scheduled, or I'd do this one. Fun stuff.

Kelly, I want to thank you for your friendship over this last year. What joy you have brought to my life through blogging. And you inspire me. Praying you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your fam, including that sister of yours who is a hoot. Be blessed!

Dena @ Green Acres said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I thought your meme was a fun one, so I participated on my blog. http://greenacres4me.blogspot.com/

Have a great day.
Dena

Sharon said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I have a 2 stoves/ovens~~praise God!
Lovin those left overs
Blessings

Edie said...

#7 - It doesn't sound like anyone else is "dibbing". Ha!

Have a great time!

I'm going to go do this on my blog now.

sailorcross said...

Hi Kelly!!

We usually travel to visit my family, but this year we are staying home--just my two oldest (27 and 25)--the youngest is in Texas and won't be home until Christmas.

My favorite part is the turkey leftovers, and my daughter and I are cooking together this year. Hmmm...wonder how this will go?

Anyway, if you're interested--I posted my testimony this morning on The Power of Your Love--

http://wwwthepowerofyourlove.blogspot.ocm

I was a little reluctant to do this, but was encouraged by others so that those in the same or similar situation as I was can see that there is hope and love--freely given--the love of Jesus.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving--and wait a while to have that dessert so you can really enjoy it!!

Beth

Mary said...

Kelly -- love this and I'm posting it on my blog! I'm loving getting to know you through your blog and now that I'm finished writing -- at least this book -- I can spend more blogging time.

Kay Martin said...

You are probably tagged out...just wanted you to know I treasure your blog. But on this day of thanks know that you make it on my list. Your words bless me here on your blog and I treasure every comment you have left on mine.

May your strength surprise you as you host your family's Thanksgiving feast.

Dorothy Champagne said...

Have been out of town, but wanted to post a big Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Tammy said...

Love your Thanksgiving Meme.

Gotta go check on the turkey but wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary said...

Chatty Kelly,
I must say, what a cute blog! And after seeing your pic, you look like a "Chatty Kelly" would look like. Well, now that I said that, I'm not sure what that means...all good things of course.
Anyway, I'm Roomie from ministrysofabulous blog. I've been reading over all of the comments people have posted regarding my situation. I've been trying to redeem myself, although no sense I suppose. The entire situation has been fabricated quite a bit. I left because I lost my job that I moved to TN for a few months ago and am no longer able to afford rent and therefore live with Amy Beth. No one has ever referred to me as selfish, and I couldn't live with myself if I really was. I have cried enough tears and just have to release it to God. I am so confused and hurt. Just trying to save Baby Asher and I a little bit of the pain that has been caused by that blog.
If you ever feel like chatting, and I'm assuming you frequently do "Chatty Kelly," maryfaith84@yahoo.com

Mary and Baby Asher

HisPrincess said...

We don't have thanksgiving here...but I'm thinking maybe we should! All that food sounds fabulous.

Edie said...

Hey girl! So glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to reading about it and pictuers! :D

Love ya!