Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Insanity is Inherited...

...You get it from your children! Are you, too, on the brink of insanity?

If you answered no to this question, either:
A. You don't have children
B. Your children are grown
C. Your children are at sleep away camp, or
D. I feel great...and my Valium prescription still has 1 more refill!

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. But today will be the 40th consecutive day at home with my children. I imagine how Noah must have felt inside that ark. "Come on little dove, find some land, please!" But I'll bet it smelled a lot worse. At least I have Clorox wipes to use, as I follow the kids around.

I do love my kids, and I enjoy my kids, and I think my kids are the smartest, funniest, sweetest kids in the universe. No joke. But it's been 40 days! I'm looking for the dove to bring me an olive leaf.

I just re-read the account of Noah, to reference the type of leaf the dove brought. Guess what? While it did rain for 40 days, it says "the waters flooded the earth for 150 days." And then it says "on the 17th day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains...." Seven months?!?! I guess I should be thankful I wasn't on the ark! It makes these 40 days seem like a breeze, (with no smelly animals!)

And, only 41 days until school starts. Smile!

Psalm 127:3 - - Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Proverbs 22:6 - - Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

8 comments:

HisPrincess said...

Insanity certainly is inherited from your children!

Book me into the asylum! Must be peaceful there!

Truth4thejourney said...

My sweet friend,

It's all in the attitude. Wake up each day and say, "I'm so glad my girls are with me today", even if you don't feel like saying it. Then enroll them in a VBS or something! We all need a break at times.

The Patterson 5 said...

May the back to school supplies you were shopping for be the olive leaf to your soul! Hang in there with me sister!

You could try singing Go bananas go go bananas! Oh dear, I am even beyond the valium one just downright crazy!

Sue J said...

Coffee! Coffee! Coffee!!

In my case it's Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip...and that I don't have any yet scheduled for August is a little frightening.

If perseverance was an easy goal, we would need Paul to tell us to "Press on!" Recall Mrs. P's blog on "running the treadmill."

Then get your coffee and GO!

Sue J said...

OOPS...If perseverance was easy, we wouldn't need Paul to tell us "Press On!" He certainly DID tell us to do just that. (Maybe it's time for more coffee.....)

My ADHD Me said...

If insanity runs in the family then not only do our kids not have a chance but neither do we!
BREAK THE CYCLE!!
Only 41 days til school starts!!

Julie Gillies said...

You crack me up! Thanks for the laugh. As a mom entering her 13th year of home schooling, I understand that strong NEED for a break. Truly I do!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Hey CK,

They disappear QUICK. Barbara Bush said, "Childhood is a series of long days and short years."

true, true. Now I need to go meet the lady who is heading into her 13th year of homeschooling...me, too!