Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Party of 1, Part 2

Monday's blog focused on serving a party of 1, God. Matthew 5:16 says "let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." But are my good deeds pointing people back to God?

Monday I mentioned a comment about shinning like the moon. How does the moon shine? (and here's a hint, if you google "moon shine" you will not get any references to the moon, but to alcohol.) But one web site described the moon shinning like this "The moon shines by reflecting sunlight. Without the sun, there would be no moonlight."

Without the sun, there would be no moonlight. Without the Son, would I be able to shine? Ephesians 2:10 says "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. " Prepared in advance for us to do? You mean it was God's plan all along that I do this blog? To glorify him? Letting my light shine so that YOU may see him through me.

I pray you are seeing God through this blog. That you are encouraged, uplifted, filled with the Holy Spirit as you read God's word. And I, too, am encouraged. Because even if no one reads this blog, I am glorifying God because I am obeying him.

I AM serving a party of 1. I am serving God, just like he planned.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Kelly,
You are right that we are doing everything to reflect God's light! But be encouraged that He doesn't do anything except to glorify His son and that usually involves furthering the kingdom of God. So when we are reflecting God's love we are surely touching other's lives. We are sowing seeds.

Mat 13:38 the field is the world; the good seed are the sons of the kingdom;

Anonymous said...

I feel certain you are touching more lives than you realize through your blogs and your daily life. Your blogs are usually the only ones I read and sometimes I get caught up in life and finally sit down to read them and there are 2 or 3 new ones since the last time I read them. They always touch me. You have a wonderful way of taking real life and everyday things (even applesauce) and reminding us that God is part of everything. Real Life--interesting--entertaining--funny--and then a message to wrap it all up. Thanks for helping me (and others I am sure) stay on track.
You know who,
MJT

Susan said...

In order to achieve the goal of shining like the moon, I must be cognizent of the things that obscure the Son. Psalm 119:135 says, "Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees." Sometimes God's light is so bright that I don't like what it reveals so I choose to turn away from the light and therefore I am dark, hidden, and cold. When priorities do not align with the Son then my reflection becomes fuzzy like a cloudy night. There is some light in the sky, but you are not sure where it is coming from.
When I am fully exposed and can shine the brightest for God, others are able to find their way through the darkness.
God revealed to me this week that without obedience to His decrees there can be no blessing.
Keep shining!
Susan

Alyce said...

So important! I also pray that my daughter will be that shining light for others at school daily.
Alyce

Bonita said...

Thank you so much for sharing that scripture. Rarely, do I read blogs before I have my morning quiet time, but this morning I felt like I needed to check in on a few blogs and now I know why. This is a scripture I'm going to read and meditate on this morning. I needed to hear that God had prepared what I'm currently doing and what's coming up in my very near future long before any of it ever came to be.

Also, it's interesting that one word I keep studying over and over lately is the word "prepare". Yet, I hadn't looked at this particular scripture. God prepares things and if we are to be like Him, we need to do a little preparation ahead of time on some things too.

Great word, Kelly!