Thursday, May 9, 2013

It's Better With the Father

I love eating at my dad's house. Even the simplest things just taste better there. I can make the same recipes that he does, yet his still taste better. I finally figured out why! We may make the same dip, but I use low fat sour cream, and he uses the "real" stuff. Of  course, his ends up being richer, creamier and more delicious! That sandwich? While I use 100% whole wheat, he uses a thick white Italian bread. Yes, the whole wheat may be "better" for me, but his definitely tastes better.

There is also the joy of "being taken care of" by my father. As the person who takes care of everyone else in my daily life, it's nice to have someone take care of me for a change. (But don't worry - I do a lot of things to take care of him too!)

My Christian walk can mirror that example. I can look to other things to fill me instead of my time with Jesus. And even when they are "good" things, like volunteering, exercising, or even writing a blog post, nothing really fulfils as much as Jesus. He is the "real stuff" that is definitely better.

Not only there, there is joy in being taken care of by my Father - my heavenly Father.  He knows too well the time I spend caring for everyone and yet I am always in His sight and His is always there for me.

It's better with the Father! The biggest problems are smaller when you have the hope of Jesus, and the best days are better when you know Him. Spend some time creating the real relationship with your heavenly Father. It will be noticeable different than just knowing about Him.

If you don't have a relationship with your earthly dad, God can fill the role of loving Father for you. But if your earthly dad and you have a good relationship, why not give him a call, just to tell him you love him. And remember, God is always on call to hear that you love Him too.

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, 
that we should be called children of God!
 And that is what we are! 
1 John 3:1


Kelly Combs is a Christian wife, mom, writer and speaker. You can learn about Kelly by visiting her website at www.kellycombs.com

Chatty Kelly

1 comment:

fe1839@yahoo.com said...

..
Ha Ha,,, isn't funny that we all have diffenent opinions of "the father"... my father is always repeating himself to me,,, always trying to be in the middle of my life.. always looking for the answer that he wants to hear,,, yet he has always been my hero,, the one that I wanted to be like,,, a great role model and took care of his family,,,I wanted to be like him,,, but I was to small.. to slow,,and not the greatest family man,,,but even with that,, he still loves me,,,,if I could not have all his great traits,,,I wish I could have just the one,,, Love,,,, He loves no matter what,, what you have done,, what you lack,,, what you have not done,,,, He loves unconditionally,,,I think that is the one thing that I have taken from him,, it is the greatest gift that I have ever been given,,,,,This gift has caused me must pain,, but it has also given me the best and most satisfing experiences in my life,,, I would not trade love for anyting,,,,It is amazing how we can all look different at our Father,,, and our Lord,,,,,... but how ever we look at it we should look at it and decide how does he fit into our lives and how can we take his love and spread it