Thursday, November 1, 2012

Less of Me, More of He

Saturday I am speaking at a women's conference in Williamsburg. I am excited, prepared, and ready. But I am also fighting a cold. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. Today I just feel tired and a bit achy. As I think back to each time I have a speaking engagement, something like this always comes up.

The first time I ever spoke, my oldest had the throw up bug, and I left with great concern about her. Once I pulled a muscle in my back, and another time my computer crashed! At first I chalked it up to spiritual warfare. And it could be. But today I had another thought.

Today as I told someone I wasn't feeling "100 percent," a whisper came to my heart.  "Good," said God, "Less of you means more of Me." When I am weak, He is strong! If I were to go speak feeling 100%, I would think that I did a great job. But when I come to the table empty, tired, broken, down, and people still are moved, then I cannot dispute that it was Jesus, not me!

So though I'm under the weather, and not myself, I am peaceful. Because less of me, means more of Jesus. 

{The Lord said,} "My power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
Kelly Combs is a Christian wife, mom, writer and speaker. You can learn about Kelly by visiting her website at www.kellycombs.com

Chatty Kelly

1 comment:

Sue J said...

You are in really good company, here. Beth Moore was just relating the same kind of issue about her earliest days of video teaching. Something was always plaguing her before her shoot days. But she did just what you are doing--turned it back over to God. Brought her through every time.

More butterflies; less birds! You will be such a blessing to these folks. Have a wonderful time!! :-) ....