Friday, March 2, 2012

Living a Life Changing Faith


Are you living a life changing faith? I remember nearly 20 years ago when I began working at a new job.  Another employee came and greeted me, welcoming me to the company, and offering her help if I needed anything.  Looking back in this company of thousands, I don't know why she offered her help that day. 

But she continued to come around and befriend me. Soon we were having lunch together regularly, and she shared with me her faith. Her faith was so different than mine.  I wanted to be like her.  I soon learned that while I knew of God, I didn't know God.  And that was the difference.

I continued to want to be like my frined, until one day I discovered it wasn't her I was seeing. It was Jesus in her! And that is who I wanted to be like. Not her, but Jesus. Her faith was life changing, not only in her life, but in mine because it helped me to come to know Jesus.

Are you living a life changing faith? I pray that I am! I want people to see Jesus in me, and to want what I have in that relationship. I want my life to look different from those who don't know Jesus. I want my life to be changed, but I want other's lives to be changed because of my faith.

Are you living a life changing faith, for yourself and for others?

Kelly Combs is a Christian wife, mom, writer and speaker. You can learn about Kelly by visiting her website at www.kellycombs.com

Chatty Kelly

1 comment:

mark and jennifer dougan said...

Hi Kelly,

I liked your line that you suddenly realized it was Jesus you were seeing in her. Yes, me too! I want him to shine out of me. Good job of your friend for speaking his words though too, to introduce you to him.

Have a great week.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com