Sunday, July 24, 2011

She Speaks 2011- Meme Answers

The Chatty Kelly She Speaks Meme for She Speaks attendees:

"Even if you think some else has already said what you want to say, and even if they've said it better - say it anyway. YOU might be the one they listen too." - Emily Freeman, Blog to Book Deal.

Lysa TerKeurst's "sticky message" (speaker track) was the best lesson I learned, and I plan to start implementing it right away in my speaking! When I gave my 5 minute talk for evaluation several people noted that I was using the "sticky message" and I hadn't meant to! I wrote it before attended Lysa's session. How exciting to learn that I had "accidentally" (or perhaps intuitively) done something right!

I am speaking at a women's conference in October. My current focus will be working on those talks. I also plan to create a new tag line for my blog which better explains the focus of my ministry. And I hope to keep blogging and connecting with new bloggers and She Speaks attendees.

The Ugly: My clothes! Well, not exactly ugly, but Friday when I came down in my business casual outfit and saw everyone in their cute outfits, I suddenly felt very insecure. I'd like to say I went back up to my room and prayed over it, got over it and moved on. *But* what I really did was convince my room mate to make an emergency trip to the outlet mall, where I bought a cute new top. Now I was ready to take on the world!

I'm so glad that I have a God who loves me not matter what I'm wearing, and puts up with my silly insecurities. And can I say, you She Speaks ladies are some sharp dressed gals! You looked marvelous!

Chatty Kelly

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm going to participate in your meme. Great idea!
I'm also going to go through my session notes and will send those highlights to you, if you want them.

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

You looked beautiful-- even before the mall trip!!!!!!! SO great to see you!

Jen said...

I was struck by the same thing in Lysa's session! Praying for amazing things for your women's retreat in October!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

I love this idea for She Speaks Meme! I'll participate too! You are so sweet to post about your insecurities. I love your transparency! (And I loved shopping with you!)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am glad you went to get a new shirt . . . I speak better if I like what I am wearing.

I would love more info on "sticky method."

Fondly,
Glenda

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for this meme, I had no idea until Melanie posted in on the Word Chicks FB wall. Thanks, Mel!

I loved learning what you learned. I really enjoyed Emily Freeman and totally agree with her about us being uniquely qualified to reach particular people.

And how COOL that you intuitively do exactly what you're supposed to to be a good speaker. Guess that means you're on the right track, girl!

Loved having lunch with you and Sonya. I'm SO glad we got to spend some time together. (((Hugs)))

Kristin Bridgman said...

I feel better too when I like what I'm wearing. And a good hair day is always a lifter:) I hope I don't sound shallow. Just want to be a good ambassador for Christ!

I would like to hear about the "Sticky Method" also.
Kristin

Danielle said...

Bless you! I bet you looked beautiful in your suit and in your new top because God made you wonderfully and fearfully!;-) Thank you for posting this. I wish I could have heard some of the speaking messages. They sound good!