Friday, October 8, 2010

It was Great!

"Did I tell you about the excellent restaurant I ate in the other night?"

Don't you love it when you learn about great things from friends? Whether it is an excellent sale, an excellent restaurant, or an excellent movie, we love hearing it, so we too can experience it. One of my favorite book series is Left Behind. I read it because a co-worker kept insisting how excellent the books were. I had no interest in reading them, but she kept insisting so I tried it. Like the old saying goes, "Try it, you'll like it." And I did!

So why are we so insecure about sharing about Jesus? Talk about EXCELLENT! He is! First Peter 2:9 states, "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." Did you catch that? We are to PROCLAIM THE EXCELLENCIES of Jesus.

It seems we don't have any problem telling people about the great movie, restaurant or book we just tried. Why not tell them about someONE really great. Who knows, they might just try it...and like it. Jesus is excellent. Who are you telling?

Chatty Kelly

2 comments:

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

I am always challenged to turn any conversation into a conversation about the Lord. Sometimes I am negligent.

God opened doors for me today when I got my hair cut to share His Word and give a few of the girls Bible study books. And now all of the girls are askign for them! WOo Hoo!

Go tell it!

My ADHD Me said...

I loved this. It reminded me of you telling me about a great "new" series of books called Left Behind. The next thing you know, we were talking about Buck, Mac, Obi Ben waji (haha) and Nicolae Carpathia (shutter) as if we knew them personally.

And you're right. I've suggested those books and others to people, I talked about a great movie or tv show but it never dawns on me to tell someone how to get eternal salvation.