Monday, July 5, 2010

Hold On, I'm Coming!

Don't you ever, be sad. Lean on me, when times get bad.
When the day come, and you know your down,
In a river of trouble, you're 'bout to drown.
Hold on, cause I'm coming. Hold on, I'm coming.

Hold On, I'm Coming, Sam and Dave, 1966

Do you ever get tired of doing good? Being a Christian in the world is exhausting business. What the world says is okay, often contradicts what the Bible says is right. Not only right, but righteous. We are called to be set apart from the world. And at times, it can be tiring.

God knew this. That is why He encourages us many times in the Bible not to get give up. We are told to consider Jesus, who endured opposition from sinful men, so that we will not grow weary and lose heart. (Heb 12:3). We are told not to grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Gal 6:9) We are told to never tire of doing what is right (2 Thes 3:13).

Obviously God knew we might get tired. Like the words of Sam and Dave's song, He reminds us to "Hold on, I'm Coming. Hold on, I'm Coming." In fact, we need to lean on him when times are bad. He knows our every struggle.

Keep on keeping on, my Christian friends. Do not get tired of doing good, in this world of ours which seems to reward NOT doing good. Do not get tired. Hold on. He's coming!

Musical Musings:
1. Do you ever get tired of being the one who tries to do the right thing, especially when many others seem not to care what the right thing is?
2. How encouraged are you to know that God knew we would tire, so that He Himself ordaining words in Scripture to energize you.
3. Matthew 16:27 says "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done." Keep focused today on the fact that Jesus is coming back, and will reward you for your persistence in doing good.

Karaoke:
Dear Lord, I admit that sometimes I get tired. I want to do what is right, but it's sometimes hard when no one seems to notice or care. I know, Lord, that you notice. And you care. Keep me focused on doing what is right, encourage and energize me to hold on, until that time when you do come. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Rock On: Make note cards on encouraging scriptures, like the ones above. When you are feeling down or discouraged, read them out loud to remind yourself to hold on. He's coming.

Chatty Kelly

6 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

Thank you Kelly. I needed this today.

Barbie said...

This is great. I always need to be reminded to hold on, that help is on the way. Blessings!

Susan said...

Thanks, Kelly! Important words as always.

Hugs,

Susan

Leslie said...

Boy, my hubby had an experience lately with someone who "did wrong" and it was very hard to "hold on and do right". Thankfully he turned to God and found the strength.

This is something we really need to instill in our kids!

Sue J. said...

And it's really OK to go to the Lord and say, "I'm tired." He will renew our strength, so that we can keep on keepin' on! Denying our weakness is like saying that God isn't strong enough or doesn't care enough to take care of His servants.

Melanie said...

YES! That's what "keeps" me holding on...knowing he really IS coming soon.

{the capcha is "digme"}