Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 10/1

UPDATE TO #1 - My follow up went well. Yay! Re-check in 6 months, but all looks good. Thanks to all.

5 Things I'm thankful for this week:

1. Praying friends (yes again!) I had a "routine" annual exam come back with a blip, so this afternoon I'm having a follow-up. My gal pals are praying, calling and emailing me like crazy. I love these ladies. I'm sure it's nothing, but boy does it feel good to have prayer support.

2. Wednesdays at church! I don't have to cook dinner, and I get fed physically and spiritually! Woo! And my kids have fun learning and doing crafts. Yes!

3. Date night! My husband and I have a date night...a black tie event no less, this weekend. I'll post pictures next week of us in our finery. Very excited and thankful that we'll have some couple time.

4. Validation. Who doesn't want that? I got my first examiner payout on my "Tips for Moms" site. If you'd like to find out how you can get paid to write about things in your area, email me! I love my blogging...but to get paid for writing is icing on the cake!

5. Books! I love reading, and this reviewing thing is bringing more new and free books my way. I love to read, I love to give my opinion, and I love free stuff! What could be better than that?

What are you thankful for this week?

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

19 comments:

B His Girl said...

Hi Kelly,

I will pray for you on the blip. Enjoy your fancy dress up night. Your girls will be wow'd at their Mom and Dad all decked out! Isa 26:3

Runner Mom said...

I will be praying for you too!! And, I was thankful for our Wed. night dinner at church last night--no dishes to wash and no leftovers!!

Hugs,
Susan

Susan said...

Praying here, Kelly! Love your list. Oh la la! Dressing up this weekend??? How FUN! Have a great time, and DO take pictures.

Andrea said...

Kelly,

I am praying for GOD's divine touch and guidance as you return to the doctor this afternoon...for peace and comfort,too.

Much love and prayers, andrea

Laurie said...

Hey Kelly,
I wrote about books, too:) I LOVE Wednesday evening at church too for the same reasons. Glad you had a night out w/your hubby. I will look forward to the pics.
Love, Laurie
(Standing w/you too for good results- God's report! Glad you are surrounded by prayer.)

Greg C said...

I wish we had date night again. You got a check already? I don't think I had enough visitors. I am still trying though. Way to go Kelly.

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

Praying for you sweetie that everything comes out OK and it's nothing to worry about. Please keep us updated on your progress and know that even though I can't be with you, I am there in thoughts and prayers.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Praying for you Kelly and how wonderful about getting some payment for writing!
Love Collette xxx

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Praying for you, sister-friend! :)Having just been through a similar thing, I understand your heart. Love you!

Can't WAIT to see pix from the black-tie affair! Wowzie! Have fun!

Linda C said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing all your thanks:)

Happy TT!

Linda C

Ronel Sidney said...

Kelly, so glad your appt went well and I hope you have an awesome date tonight with your hubby!!

skoots1mom said...

hope it's just a blip...
date night WILL be fun

jamie said...

Thanks for the reminder to be thankful today. My parents are visiting. This time last year Dad just had cancer surgery and was awaitng surgery for cancer that had moved to his lung. Thank God he is with me today and in good health. Blessings to you

jamie said...

Thanks for the reminder to be thankful today. My parents are visiting. This time last year Dad just had cancer surgery and was awaitng surgery for cancer that had moved to his lung. Thank God he is with me today and in good health. Blessings to you

jamie said...

Thanks for the reminder to be thankful today. My parents are visiting. This time last year Dad just had cancer surgery and was awaitng surgery for cancer that had moved to his lung. Thank God he is with me today and in good health. Blessings to you

Mary Moss said...

Kelly, so grateful your follow-up went well:-) Yes, I agree, it is so fun to get a little "green" for our writing efforts.

KelliGirl said...

I think we've all been there with "blip" on a test. The waiting is excruciating. So glad all went well.

Enjoy your date...oolala! Can't wait to see the pics.

I'm thankful for God's guidance and wisdom as a parent.

Mocha with Linda said...

Glad your follow-up came out okay.

And what fun to be all decked out this weekend! Can't wait to see the pics.

Edie said...

Well I have been so busy this week I just now made it over here. I'm glad your follow-up was favorable.

Looking forward to seeing you and your hubby in your black tie attire. Hope you have a great time!

Yay for Pay! :D

Much love!