Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 9/3

5 things I'm thankful for this week:

1. I am thankful that I have an opportunity to write my Tips for Moms. I love the chance to expand my writing. Have you visited my new site? Hop on over and see it. If you like it, subscribe and you will get my Tips for Moms every time its published. Thanks for checking it out!

2. I am thankful that several folks have new writing jobs because they liked the Tips for Mom and applied for a writing position at Examiner like I did. Are you looking to expand your writing and earn some pocket change at the same time? Visit examiner.com and apply - but please make sure and click that examiner Kelly Combs referred you. You may get a new job, and I get a bonus for the reference. Email me with questions at ChattyKelly@comcast.net

3. I am thankful for a trip to VA Beach yesterday! Although it was COLD, WINDY & RIPTIDES, the kids still had fun playing in the sand (sweatshirts over swimsuits!), and we walked the boardwalk, and spent time with friends. Not perfect, but fun just the same.

4. I am thankful that today we attend Open House at school to meet teachers and see classrooms. Especially important for my little one entering kindergarten.

5. I am thankful for YOU my readers for always encouraging me with your precious comments. You make my heart feel good. Thanks!

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

18 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey sis,
I checked out your Tips for Moms and subscribed! (I'll look forward to reading your tips.) Glad you had a good trip yesterday, in spite of a colder day and that your children can meet their teachers today- how exciting! Have a great weekend.
Love and blessings, Laurie

Lois Lane II said...

Fun stuff! I'm thankful that today is mine and my husband's four year anniversary...AND he's making my favorite meal tonight -- chicken verona!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Great job Kelly!! I have enjoyed your website.....and the beach when it's cold and windy..LOVE IT!!
Have a great day.

PS I'm gonna email ya some questions about the examiner.

B His Girl said...

God is good. Enjoy today! B

Casey said...

You have a wonderful website! Thank you for sharing!

Runner Mom said...

How fun to go to the beach! It seams like eons ago that we were there!! Ya'll enjoy your weekend before school begins!
Hugs,
Susan

**I'm thankful that I have a sub job today and tomorrow!

Mocha with Linda said...

Sweatshirts in August. Can't quite wrap my mind around that one!

I was thinking about your kindergartner the other day! Is she excited? How's mom doing?

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

We love Virginia Beach. Jim and I used to stay at The Founder's Inn...before cherubs arrived. :) (last time we were there I was pregnant with Joshua)

Glad you had fun! I like sweatshirts on the beach....kind of exciting and fun!

Our Open House/Meet The Teacher is tonight, too. The kids are enjoying a pajama day today (me too). Then hair cuts. Then to Open House.

Kisses to your Kindergaren Kid!

Love you, friend!

Alicia said...

Hey there! Coming over from TT!

I'm so blessed by reading so many wonderful TT posts this morning (yours included)!!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

lovely list and I love trips to the beach even if it is cold! Always refreshes the soul.
Collette xxx

Ronel Sidney said...

You mak heart feel good, too!!

KelliGirl said...

Hey Kelly,
It's great to stop by for a visit...I was on a mini-vacation and have been away from my computer.

I am thankful to have spent time this weekend at the beach to celebrate my in-laws' 50th anniversary, and to have a last hoorah before school started.

BTW, your writing gig sounds great. Thanks for the heads up about it.

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

Love your wonderful list of blessings from God. Thank you for sharing all of them with us.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Gotta Have Faith said...

Thank you for being thankful for us!

LOL...

Steve

Lisa said...

Thanking God with you and for you. Don't you just love how He provides for our every need?
Blessings ~ Lisa

My ADHD Me said...

The beach can be fun on days like that....as long as you stay out of the water!

We had orientation today too. 4 more days!

Lea said...

Kelly!
Your beach trip sounded really nice! Love a windy beach day!!!
Hope yall have a great weekend!!!
I'm anxious to see your new site!

From the Heart said...

I've come over from Thankful Thursday at Sonya's. I've seen your comments on a lot of blogs so decided to come check your out. You are a very busy person. I especially like your thank you for going to Virginia Beach. You must live nearby to be able to go for a day. My oldest daughter lives in Virginia Beach and my husband and I are plannng to go up the end of this month for our 47th anniversary and spend a few days with her.
Blessings,
AliceE.