Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Five things I'm thankful for this week:

1. My husband. He goes into work later on Tues & Thurs so I can go to the gym without waking up the kids and/or dragging them along.

2. New Piano Teacher. My daughter's former teacher has moved, so we started with the new teacher on this week. My daughter LOVED her and we are excited to be under the tutelage of a locally renowned teacher.

3. Lazy Days of Summer vacation. We're 1 month into it and having fun.

4. Writing Opportunities. I've inquired about 3 writing opportunities this past week. I haven't heard back on any of them, but I took the step to inquiry. I'll let you know how it goes when I hear something.

5. Air conditioning. Our unit was out for about 36 hrs this week. When you don't have it, you suddenly appreciate it all the more.

Well, that's my 5 simple things I'm thankful for this week. I'm always thankful for God's love & sovereignty. What are you thankful for this week? Leave a comment or link up at Truth4theJourney by clicking the button.

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

13 comments:

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Great list. Oh wow....no a/c in summer! I hope y'all weren't having a heat wave in Virginia! :)

Irritable Mother said...

Yay for the writing opportunities!

I am thankful that I got to go out Tuesday night. Saw some old high school friends - and I really needed a break! *grin*

Lisa said...

I'm thankful for the opportunity to just stop and give thanks for the simplest of things. God is so good to each of us!
Blessings ~ Lisa

LisaShaw said...

Wonderful list Kelly. I pray you receive a great response on your writing opportunities.

I am thankful for more than words can express but this moment I am thankful that HE is still calling my name and inviting me to walk with Him in the cool of the day.

Thank You Abba.

Blessings.

Mocha with Linda said...

I posted TT this week!

I can't imagine no a/c. That's worse than no washer/dryer!

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Oh, yes - thankful for the sovereignty of God!

Thanks Kelly for this great list.

Susan D said...

I'm thankful for a/c too. Yet sometimes it's almost Arctic in my office. brrrrrr Blessings, SusanD

Carmen said...

Great list...especially the air conditioning. Glad you're enjoying your summer and good luck with the inquiries!

christy rose said...

I am agreeing with you on the great husband, lazy summer days and air conditioning. So thankful!
Great List Kelly!

Blasé said...

Can't do without AC...Great List!

Lea said...

tutelage... cool new word!
You are being SO GOOD exercising faithfully. You are makin me look SUPERBAD ya know! But I'm givin you a standing ovation clapclapclap
You're my exercise hero!
Glad your ac is back. Isn't it something how we take things for granted til they are gone? shewwww
Great List Kelly!
I'm praying for your inquiries!
Holykisses,
L

Ronel Sidney said...

Amen for air conditioning... we live in east county of San Diego and it gets hot!

Great list!!

My ADHD Me said...

I'm excited to hear about the writing opportunities!

P.S. I am thankful about my visit to court today for Sydney's summons'. I didn't even pray to ask to get anything out of it becuse I knew I was in the wrong.
It turned out terrific! (I wrote about it today).

I may not have prayed to receive such good fortune but I definitely thanks God NUMEROUS times!