Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Whoops, I'm late posting. Wow, this summer vacation stuff keeps you busy. :-)
Things I'm thankful for:

1. Having a wonderful cookout on Sunday night with the whole "Truth4theJourney" family (Sonya, hubby & kids). We had a great visit. To give you an idea how long it's been since we've all been together, my 5 y/o Cici had asked me earlier in the week "Do they have a daddy?" That means it had been several years since we've all been together.

2. A playdate with my friend Sue J (Create: Make something of today). We don't see each other as much over the summer, with our busy schedules, so it was nice to get together, and Gigi spent the night with Sue's daughter CJ.

3. We may go to the beach this summer! We weren't planning for a vacation this year, but a "STAY-cation." But my hubby says we may be able to make it work. So we're hopeful.

4. Today I'm taking my kid to a theme park, so we're running around here like crazy getting ready. Thankful in advance for the fun we'll have.

5. I'm still reading Deut, but I'm back at it. I was tired of reading, it so flipped ahead to read a Psalm for inspiration. I randomly picked 106. If you haven't read Psalm 106 - it is simply a RECAP of all I've read so far in the OT! Wow. What confirmation that I'm exactly where I need to be.

What are you thankful for today?

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

4 comments:

Greg C said...

I've been checking all morning waiting on your Thankful post. I knew you would get it done sooner or later. You always come through.

We are staycationing this year too. Nothing wrong with that. We can have just as much fun at home. This weekend will be a little vacation in itself. I like Psalms myself when I need a pick me up. :)

Jenny said...

Spending time with friends during the summer is so fun.

I'm glad ya'll maybe able to go to the beach.

christy rose said...

Great list Kelly! I love stopping by and visiting you for a wonderful pick me up and a delightful taste of God's Word. Especially Thankful Thursday always helps to bring to my mind the things I am thankful for too.
Confirmations are wonderful blessings from the Lord! HUH?
Have a great day!
Christy

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

I think you should plan a big bbq for all the bloggy friends nationwide! (and family) you are the woman for the job!

have fun at theme park! whoooeeee!

so glad you are back reading...you go girl! just keep keeping on!