Friday, July 10, 2009

Surrender All - Book Review

Joni Lamb is executive producer and host and co-host of the top two daily talk shows, Celebration and JONI, on the world's second largest-faith based network, Daystar Television. Her book is Surrender All.

Surrender All is a Christian inspirational book sharing how to have peace and purpose in your life. Each chapter shares a different area of your life that needs to be surrendered to God, including marriage, children, career, health, friendship, daily life, loss and even failure.

Through testimonies of her own life, and others, she shares exciting stories of personal surrender that lead to peace. Many of the stories of surrender end with a "happy" ending, but even those stories that end sadly still end with the peace of being where God wants the individual to be.

One gentleman, Bishop Joseph Walker, lost his wife to cancer. He didn't get the outcome he prayed for. But he chose to believe that everything happens with purpose - on purpose - to bring for the the will of God in your life. Bishop Walker said "No matter what happens, you have to know that God is actively moving behind the scenes. God will be glorified, you will be edified, and Satan will be horrified." I love the idea of horrifying the devil, don't you?

Joni shares "No one else can understand the depth of your pain, your frustration, your hurt, your anger. No one knows your story....You can't change what has happened to you, but you can choose how you respond. Seek to be a champion, not a victim. Surrender to God and stand back."

This book is for the Christian hoping to take their relationship with God to the next level. It's filled with inspiration and miracles testimonies of faith that will encourage and inspire believers to surrender their own lives to God.

Joni ends the book just as I hoped she would. She tells the story of ultimate surrender, how Jesus surrendered his life on the cross for us. If Jesus is willing to surrender his life for us, shouldn't we be willing to do the same?

Video Clip in Joni Lamb's own words:


Chatty Kelly

10 comments:

Melanie said...

She is one of my mother's favorites to watch. We don't get Daystar but Mother fills me in. :)
Thanks for the book review. 'Might make a good gift for my mom.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

kucole said...

Thanks for the review!

Edie said...

Sounds like a great book. I love books that build Faith in our Sovereign God.

christy rose said...

Great review Kelly!

B His Girl said...

I have heard her talk about her book. Thanks for the review. B

HisPrincess said...

Hmmmm sounds like I need to get myself a copy! This book sounds to be just what I'm looking for.

Thanks Kelly.

LisaShaw said...

This sounds like a good book. You have given it a great review. Hmmm...I may have to check it out.

Have a blessed weekend/summer.

Love ya.

Beth in NC said...

I absolutely love Marcus, Joni, and all of the DayStar singers & family! I also have her book and thoroughly enjoyed her testimony!

She and I share the same birthday. I would love to meet her some day!

My ADHD Me said...

A writer;s position from a stay at home point of view. Right up your alley. Sounds like a good oportunity.

Also, re this post, looks like a book I should read.

Hope you had fun at the tomato festival.

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

She is new to me. Thanks for sharing! I need to see if we get Daystar....hhmmm......

Thanks for another great review!