Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 5/20

Five things I'm thankful for this week:

1. My 5 yr old, Cici graduated from preschool yesterday. It was a wonderful event! I'm happy and proud, but it's bittersweet this end to the preschool yrs, as next year I'll have both girls in school full time.

2. My 9 yr old, Gigi had her Spring musical Tuesday night and she did a great job as narrator. I'm happy and proud of her.

3. I wrote my book proposal! I may not ever need it (sigh), but I wrote it, so I'm ready for the "next step" in the pathway to publication.

4. A coffee date with my friend Sue J tomorrow. Our last outing sans kids until next September. (We really should get a sitter over the summer and go out for coffee one day. We always say we will, but never do).

5. A friend took both my girls on Sunday from 2-7!! Hubby & I spent the afternoon together and went out to dinner. A very rare treat.

Hebrews 12:28 -- Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.

What are you thankful for this week?


Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey


Chatty Kelly

18 comments:

Leslie said...

One of my preschool students is the youngest of 6 kids. I overheard his mom telling someone that his graduation tonight is tearing her up more than the fact that her daughter is graduating from high school! Leaving preschool is very emotional for the kids and the parents. Even though I've been waiting for this school year to be over, it's going to be hard to say good-bye to the kids tonight. I've just needed it to be over because it has been an emotional school year for me since my miscarriage in September. I need the break.

Glad your older daughter did such a wonderful job narrating!

Have a terrific day and have fun with Sue J. tomorrow!

Greg C said...

Woooo Hoo on that number 5. My wife and I need to do that soon. And tell the children great job on their accomplishments in school this year.

LisaShaw said...

Congratulations to your little one!

Wonderful thank you's.

Time with spouses is so essential.

Love you.

Mocha with Linda said...

I always enjoy your list.

We still have two more weeks of school.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I believe your (our) parents gave me up because I am a blonde. ?

Lois Lane II said...

Yea for the book proposal! Super awesome!

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

What a great thankful list you have today! I hope that you and hubby enjoyed the alone time together. WHen you are raising children, we have to take what we can get!

B His Girl said...

God never waste anything. Kelly He multiplies. May God bless you family, enrich your relationships, and do the 'unexpected' in your life. B

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Sounds like a great week Kelly!
Glad you and yourguy got to have some thyme together. ;)

AINT LOVE GRAND?
Congratulations to your kidlet!

Susan D said...

Date time with the hubby is so precious. We work different shifts w/different days off so our carved out time is coveted. Blessings, SusanD

Mrs. Sidney said...

Date with your hubby, that is awesome!! I really need to do this with my hubby.

Carmen Gamble said...

A wonderful list. Your children are very young still. If I lived closer, I'd babysit for you! I'm so glad you and your hubby got a break...and enjoy your visit with Sue J!

Jenny said...

Congrats to your children:) Me and my hubs need a date night.

On Purpose said...

Wow you have had a busy and productive week!

Joy in The Truth said...

Congrats to your graduate! :)

I have a coffee date with my girlfriend tomorrow morning after drop off...so thankful for that, too!

Book proposal! Yeeehaaaaa! Will be praying for God's perfect will and purpose over that...for His glory! :)

Hugs,
Sharon

skoots1mom said...

u gave me memories of my daughter's 5yo graduation...i was still working and had to be away for 2 weeks in training in chicago :(

my hubby and mil were in charge while i was away...i came home to a 5yo with no bangs...she cut them the night b4 graduation...good thing they wore "caps" that day. i didn't know it until i flew home...they were both scared to tell me over the phone :D
'guess they thought i'd fly home or somethin'

Mary Moss said...

I still remember the preschool graduations at our house as if they were just yesterday! What a precious time of life for your family:-)

Blessings. Good going on the book proposal!!

God's girl said...

Praise God!!!