Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Awards and Rewards

I've been nominated for an award! I'd like to thank the Academy....

No - seriously...a big thank you to Tammy at Not My Story But God's who thinks my blog is award-worthy. That is so awesome. More important than the award however, is the fact that Tammy thinks that I am helping people stay connected to God. Thank you Tammy!

I think everyone loves positive reinforcement, praise, awards and rewards. We like to know we are appreciated for our efforts. That should not be the reason why we are doing what we're doing, but I do think it is normal to want to be appreciated. In fact, I believe that it is a felt need. And you know God meets all of our needs.

The bible is filled with references to God rewarding us according to what we have done. So as I (figuratively) stand here holding my "Brillante Weblog Award," I can't help but focus on the future when I stand in heaven receiving a Crown of Life.

I thanked Tammy, the giver of the Weblog Award when I received it. Academy Award winners thank the Academy. When I receive the Crown of Life, and the rewards for what I have done on earth in heaven, I will be on my knees thanking God for all he has done for me.

And wondering why He is giving me a reward.

Why isn't He the one receiving one?

2 Timothy 4:8 -- Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Psalm 62:11,12 - - One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done.

Matthew 16:27 -- For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

6 comments:

Julie Gillies said...

Hey, Kelly - congrats on the award. You certainly do point readers toward the Lord. And provide a laugh or two along the way.

Blessings!

On Purpose said...

Why isn't He the one receiving one?

Do you think our reward to Him is when we say yes to a relationship with Him?

Hey it might be a blonde moment...but I think my God gets His heart warmed all over when we agree to be His Daughters and Live our lives for Him!

My ADHD Me said...

God doesn't receive the reward he deserves, but you know that feeling when your daughters do the right thing. Maybe it's something they kept disobeying and it made you so frustrated and then one day the do it correctly AND the first time you asked them to. Doesn't that feel just a little bit of an award. Maybe God, after he continues to guide us and clean up our messes all day feels that same reward when we do the right thing. He is probably like "whew! thought they'd never get that one". Even so, that not the reward he deserves....but since there is no reward big enough or grand enough to get for him, then I suppose when you give your heart to him, that is when he gets the only reward we are able to give .I doubt he needs a plaque or another set of hand towels...)

My ADHD Me said...

BTW... Congrats on you reward. Did you get the matching handtowels with it?

Mrs. Sidney said...

Congrats on the award!!

HisPrincess said...

You deserve a reward Kelly.

You have been doing a fabulous job of helping me stay connected to God through your blog and through your encouragement and support on mine.

Thank you so much. If I had an award I'd give it to you but I'm not that blogliterate!