Thursday, May 31, 2012

You're Wrong!


As Christians, it becomes easy for us to correct. After all the Bible tells us we are to correct and rebuke, providing careful instruction. It's too easy, however, to become the the instructor of the world! Suddenly we are correcting each other's every word. Well, wouldn't it be wrong to let some one's error go unchecked?

I don't think so. There is a place for grace, and a time to "be wrong with someone."  And that's what I'm blogging about Friday, as a guest on the blog of Michael Hyatt, Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishing.

This is my 2nd opportunity to guest post, the first was in January entitled Leadership Starts at Home. I am thankful to Mr. Hyatt for sharing his platform of about 400,000 readers with me, a housewife with a devotional blog. 

Is there a benefit to being wrong with someone, and letting their error go uncorrected?  I hope you will visit my post at www.michaelhyatt.com on Friday, and see what I think. And please, come over and leave me a comment, and let me know what you think.  I'll meet you there. 
Kelly Combs is a Christian wife, mom, writer and speaker. You can learn about Kelly by visiting her website at www.kellycombs.com

Chatty Kelly

6 comments:

Penny said...

I can't wait to check the post out! My husband and I were talking the other day about loving correction. He said he has two friends -- one, who if they told him he was doing something wrong, my husband would graciously accept their constructive criticism, and the other, if he said something, my husband would become really angry at the criticism. Why? Because he knows one would do it lovingly and the other would do it to build himself up.

Mark Mathia said...

Kelly you nailed it! What an amazing post. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and being the type of leader that is not afraid of being wrong together! Many blessings to you and your family.

Kelly Combs said...

Thank you Mark! And thank you for being an encourager. You are a true friend.

Angela C Gifford said...

Great article, Kelly!

Charles Specht said...

Great job, Kelly. Keep up the good writing work!

Brian Hinkley said...

I'm wrong, but I will never admit it.

Great post, Kelly.