Monday, February 14, 2011

I'll Be There, Jackson 5

You and I must make a pact,
we must bring salvation back.
Where there is love, I'll be there
I'll Be There, Jackson 5, 1970

Do you ever wonder if God and Jesus had a conversation about the fall of man, and how they would handle it? Was it before Adam & Eve sinned, or after the fact? Whose idea was it? When I heard this Jackson 5 song the other day, I wondered if the conversation between God & Jesus sounded something like that:

You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back. Where there is love, I'll be there.

The Bible tells us that God IS love. ( John 4:16) Where there is love, I'll be there. Together they agreed (or made a pact) that they would offer mankind another chance at salvation. Jesus would die on the cross to pay the price for our sins.

But a relationship with Jesus offers more than salvation, not that just salvation isn't enough!

Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, well that's all I'm after
Whenever you need me, I'll be there


We also get a change to have a relationship with Him! He will fill our heart with joy and laughter! The joy of the Lord! (Nehemiah 8:10) Togetherness is what He is after. Whenever we need Him, He will be there! Never will he leave or forsake us. (Joshua 1:5)

I'll be there to protect you,
with an unselfish love that respects you
Just call my name and I'll be there

We can pray to Him, be comforted by Him, learn by His Word in the Bible! He'll be there to protect us, and give us an unselfish love...unconditional love. And He wants us to love Him back. (Deut 6:5, Mark 12:30)

I'm so blessed to have a relationship with Jesus, and he offers a chance at that relationship to all of us. (John 3:16)

Just call His name. He'll be there.

Chatty Kelly

3 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

This could have been a wonderful hymn! What a great feeling knowing He is there. (and no, I don't mean Michael Jackson!)

The Patterson 5 said...

Love this! I will never listen to this song in the same way again! Thanks!

Sue J. said...

"Just look over your shoulder, honey..."

Wasn't sure where you were going when you first brought this up to me last week. I like how it turned out :-)

Boy, that's a tough Q you raised. That's encouragement to keep on studying!