Monday, January 31, 2011

I've Got the Music In Me

Ain't got no trouble in my life
No foolish dream to make me cry
I'm never frightened or worried
I know I'll always get by.
I've Got the Music in Me, Kiki Dee, 1975

Reading the lyrics above makes me think, wouldn't it be nice if life were really that way?

"Ain't got no trouble in my life." Truth is, my life is pretty good right now. My husband & I are nearing 15 years of marriage, and are quite possibly having our best year ever. I adore my kids, and have many, many great friends. I'm blessed! But I've had my share of deep troubles, I have smaller things that trouble me now, and I know that trouble will come again.

"Foolish dreams to make me cry?" Well, I haven't cried lately, but some of my dreams do seem foolish at times. Publish a book? Me? Be a dynamic speaker? Make a positive impression for Christ in people's lives? Sometimes it seems like a foolish dream to me and I can get down. Yet I know that God planted those dreams in my heart and I keep chugging along for His glory!

"I'm never frightened or worried." I have children! Enough said! I worry every day about my kids. I hate when they have to face adversity, mean kids, life's injustices, yet I know they are being made stronger through these things. Just like I am when they happen to me.

"I know I'll always get by." This one is true. I am so peaceful and feel blessed that I have faith in my Savior! Because He is in my life I will always get by! I am an over-comer! Every day brings new challenges, but I am up for the task.

And not because I've got the music in me, even though I do. While music does put a spring in my step, the real reason I know I'll always get by is because I have Jesus in me. I have Jesus in me! I have Jesus in me!!


Chatty Kelly

1 comment:

My ADHD Me said...

No doubt to me, You always have the music in you.
Again, no Doubt to me. You ALWAYS have Jesus in you.

Oh yeah, an those dreams you mentioned. Not foolish or unreachable. I see you on the way.