Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sock Stealer

As I sat on the bottom steps to put on my shoes and socks, as I often do, I noticed one of my socks "disappeared." "ANNIE!" I shouted. Annie is our golden retriever...and chief sock stealer. She pulls socks out of clothes baskets, gym bags, and from unsuspected folks putting on shoes and socks on the stairwell.

As I stood up to go after her, I noticed my missing sock. I had some how managed to sit on it, and I had it all the time! "You blamed Annie, and she didn't even do it," my daughter and Annie's #1 fan exclaimed. She was right. But it offered a chance for a teaching moment.

Join me over at Titus 2 in Action, where I am a featured contributor every other Wednesday, to read about this teachable moment, and how we are defined by our character.

Titus 2 in Action



Chatty Kelly

1 comment:

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

Love this. God's timing....He has been speaking to me about reputation and I've been on my knees lately about this. Godly character brings glory to Him!

And sweet Annie may need some sock-stealing doggie support group! :)