Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Wise Woman

Proverbs 14:1 - The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.

I am a wise woman. Really. However, consider the fact that my six year old has to take allergy medicine during the fall pollen season. The problem was, I would always forget to give it to her. Dashing around each morning getting ready for school, it never would enter my mind. No, I would remember in the car on the way to school. As we sat in the quiet of the car, I would hear her sniffles and remember. And the guilt would come. I forgot...again! And I would tear myself down for being a "bad mom."

I tried making myself notes, enlisting the help of my husband, and encouraging my six year old to help me remember. Nothing worked. And then I realized that I remembered every morning without fail in the car. Why not just keep the allergy medicine in the car? Voila! No more problem!

Sometimes we get stuck in a way of thinking, and by thinking outside the box the problem is solved. We can build ourselves and our homes up, instead of tearing them down.

Join me at Titus 2 in Action to talk about some other ways to be a wise woman!

Titus 2 in Action



Chatty Kelly

3 comments:

Rebecca (me!) said...

Love both of your blogs. I am hosting a Mustard Seed Planting link on Wednesdays, encouraging Moms to memorize scripture. I would love it if you could join us!

moms mustard seeds

Blessings!

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Thinking outside the box is something we all need to do more often. I find myself so many times in a rut, but I am so glad my Heavenly Father helps me out of the rut.

Sue J. said...

Discipline approaches can fall under this, too. We can get so caught up in the action itself that we forget it can be ineffective with a particular child.

Sometimes, we choose what's easiest for us, which may not be the best choice after all. But, stubborn as humans are, it takes a long time, sometimes, to remember that there are other ways to get things done--and maybe with even more productive results.

Nice insight into a great Proverb!