Monday, January 25, 2010

A Psalm by Chatty Kelly

A number of Psalms are acrostic poems where each line or verse begins with the successive letters of the Hebrew alphabet. Psalm 34 and Psalm 25 are two examples of this.

Edie at Rich Gifts inspired readers a while back to try to write a Psalm using that style to begin with, only using the English alphabet. Thanks Edie. Here is mine.

Almighty God
Beloved
Create in me a clean heart
Do not turn your face from me
Excellent Most High
Father
Giver of all things
Holy, holy, holy
Immanuel - God with us
Jehovah,
Knowledge comes only from You.
Lover of my soul,
My Redeemer,
Never leave me, never forsake me.
Open my heart to your word.
Prince of Peace
Quiet my mind, so I hear only you.
Restore me.
Save me from my sins, O Lord.
Teach me your ways, that they may be mine.
Understanding only comes from you.
Vanish not from me, but stay with me.
Whether in want or plenty let me be satisfied in you.
Xcellent are you, oh God.
Yahweh - I AM
Zephyr - Your voice whispers.
Why not try writing your own?

Chatty Kelly

19 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow, I love it!

Greg C said...

That was beautiful Kelly. Thank you for sharing.

Andrea said...

Awesome!

What a great challenge! Hope you are doing well.

Blessings and hugs,

andrea

T. Anne said...

That was beautiful. I'm sure you blessed the lord for it and I pray he blesses you right back. Have a great day!

On Purpose said...

Beautiful!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

That was fantastic! Absolutely beautiful. What a great exercise...and I love your choice of words.

Carmen said...

That was incredibly beautiful! Loved it!

Ronel Sidney said...

AWESOME!!!

LisaShaw said...

Wonderful Kelly! I love this! Thanks for sharing with us. I may try to write my own as you suggested. I loved yours!

Pray all is well with you and your family. Love you.

KrippledWarrior said...

It doesn't rhyme. But I like the beat. And it's easy to dance to.

Edie said...

Great Psalm Kelly! I need to write another one. Maybe soon. :)

Jenny said...

Wonderful, I love this.

Edie said...

Your next Psalm assignment will be using the Names of God. I can't find the scriptures that refer to the Jetsons but I know they're in there somewhere! LOL! Thanks for the laugh! I'm so glad God made goof-balls. :)

Edie said...

I have always loved the Jetsons! And don't forget Astro the dog! :)

KelliGirl said...

Hi Kelly,
I love the picture you paint.
This challenge is like a puzzle and a devotional wrapped up in one--two of my favorite things. I'm going to give it a try.

2Thinks said...

Very nice. Especially liked Xcellent.

Melanie said...

Beautiful. Maybe I will try it.

Lea said...

That's awesome...
I may try this exercise as well...

My ADHD Me said...

Excellent!