Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Thanksgiving Edition

5 things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving

1. Spending Thanksgiving with my in-laws who I adore. I am blessed with a God-fearing mother-in-law who blesses my heart.

2. Food to eat, and a plenty of it.

3. Safe travels to and from my in-laws home.

4. Freedom of religion - you can't think about Thanksgiving without remember the Piligrams who created it, and how they came to America for that freedom. This website has some interesting facts, including how the Piligrams fasted and prayed over their dry and dying crops. Then the rains came, and to celebrate the Governor created the first real Thanksgiving.

5. The Christmas Season is beginning! To me, Thanksgiving is the foreshadowing of Christmas, you know it will soon be here. I love the CHristmas season, the time of love and joy and peace, and to think that it is the birthday of my Savior. This is my favorite time of year, and I am thankful for it!

May God bless you this Thanksgiving Day! Click the button below to see what others are thankful for today, or leave a comment by clicking "Chatty Comments" below.

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

8 comments:

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Hey, girl! Happy Thanksgiving!

Praying for you as you journey to visit your in-laws. How awesome that your "Mother-in-Love" loves God! Woo Hoo! I pray He gives you such a special timem with them and that even the car rides are joyful and meaningful and peaceful!

Love and hugs,
Sharon

Blasé said...

#2 :)

Carmen said...

Enjoy Thanksgiving with all the food, friends and family!

Andrea said...

Great list! Hope you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving...the best Thanksgiving, ever!
Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

Mocha with Linda said...

Great list!

Except I have whiplash coming from ADHD Me to you! LOL

Warren Baldwin said...

Nice post. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday in many ways. I love Christmas, too, but it is so commercialized. Thanksgiving still has a purity of purpose and function to it. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Precious Gems said...

Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless you abundantly :)

prashant said...

How awesome that your "Mother-in-Love" loves God!

Work From Home india