Monday, July 20, 2009

No, No, No!

Seems like God tells me no often. So many times I've prayed that my mentally ill, alcoholic mom would get better. No. I've prayed for an older mentor woman to come along side me in place of my mom. No. I know he tells me yes often too, but it's easier to remember the no's. This week my children were exposed to a nasty bug. "Lord, please, please, spare my children catching this bug." NO!

I'm exhausted and have done multiple loads of laundry. The kids are grumpy and whiny. I'm sad, burned out and beaten down. And I'm scared to death I'll catch what they have. (You all know I'm a germaphobe).

Truthfully this one has knocked me down. Why, Lord, why? Was it too much to ask to spare me this, on top of my already chaotic life. I'm tired, grumpy and whiny, not unlike the kids.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 says "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

I'm not quite delighting in hardships and difficulties, but I'll gladly take the Lord's strength in this. Because right now, I'm weak.

**
Post Script: I wrote this last week, and we are doing better today. :-)

Verses I'm Claiming:
Rom. 8:28 -- “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”

Jeremiah 29:11 -- “For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and NOT FOR EVIL, to give you hope in your final outcome.”

1Peter 1:6-7 -- "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. "

Isaiah 40:20 -- He {God} gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Chatty Kelly

22 comments:

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

So glad you all are better by now! Ugh....nothing like the BUG to get you down. Keep on lifting your eyes to Him!

Beth in NC said...

I'm glad you're better Kelly! God bless you and your family as you regain strength.

Love,
Beth

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Glad that you are all feeling better now!
Collette xxx

Truth4thejourney said...

Great post - goes along with the one I posted! We even share a common scripture, 1 Peter 1:6-7. God is so good to talk to His children about the same things.

I'm really glad things are looking up for your family. I've been praying for you.

Love,
Sonya Lee

Jenny said...

Glad everyone is doing better..

Andrea said...

Thankful you guys are better. I am sorry it has been a difficult week on top of your already caotic life.
I am praying for you! Missed you at rcww, yesterday.
Blessings, andrea

B His Girl said...

We often don't want to be weak. So glad you are strong in the Lord. May He bless you this day!
B

Greg C said...

Sometimes we need to get beaten down just so we will listen. I am glad you are feeling better. I hate it when my children are ill too.

Carmen said...

Glad to hear you're all doing better! It's hard being weak, but here God has turned it into an opportunity to reach out to others. Hope this week continues to be good!

christy rose said...

Kelly,
So glad to hear that you are better! We do not always understand everything! But we must remember that God loves us and that He is good, all the time!
Praying God shows you what you are seeking from Him right now! He is revealing Himself, Keep listening!
God Bless,
Christy

Edie said...

I'm glad you are all doing better this week. I'm trying hard to learn that lesson too, and to teach the girls to stop whining. :)

Billy Coffey said...

Happy things are better for you, Kelly. I hear "No!" a lot, too. But I guess sometimes God says no so He can say yes to something else later on.

Blasé said...

I don't like it when God says "No"... but, I do like it when he says "No Problem".

Susan said...

It's hard when there are "No's" (or "not yet's") that we think should be "Yes's". I'm praying you all continue to heal quickly and that you continue to rest in his promises.

Hugs,

Susan

2Thinks said...

I like what Blase said. I like it when God says "No problem". I guess with Him, it's always basically "no problem" even if it is no fun.

I'm glad to hear that you are better now.

I've finally caught that you are MyADHDMe's sister. Cool. I should get my sisters blogging.
Heidi

2Thinks said...

I just read my comment. You know I meant "with Him..", as in with God, not with Blase, right? I don't even know Blase.

Lea said...

Hang in there Kelly...
Hopin n prayin you are over the mullygrubs soon!

HisPrincess said...

Hope you are all feeling better and refreshed soon Kelly.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hang in there. Praying that God puts his energy and strength into you and heals the girls.

Irritable Mother said...

"...but I'll gladly take the Lord's strength in this. Because right now, I'm weak."
I understand you, CK. I understand!

So glad this week is going better - and you can look back on last week, seeing how God brought you through.

Laurie said...

Glad you all are better! I appreciate your honesty and transparency! Love, Laurie

Beverlydru said...

Ugh. I like the yeses better too. I trust you are much better now.