Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 5/14

Here are my 5 things, big or small, this week.

1. That you guys were so understanding about me dropping Wednesday for blogging. I used that writing time to do 2 articles, and submitted them for publication. Now I'm in the waiting phase.

2. I'm still faithfully going to the gym, only missing a few days since January. And boy are you guys good on accountability. Most of you gave me big grief for missing last week. But I'm all better and back to the gym!

3. School! I admit it. I enjoy the time while my kids are at school so I can do writing, meet with my friends, or even just do housework ALONE. I'm especially conscience of this now, as my 5 yr old only has 1 more week of school.

4. My kids! Yes, I enjoy my time without them, but my life wouldn't be complete without them! They are my heart & soul and I love the stuffing out of them. THANK YOU GOD FOR MY CHILDREN! (& my hubby).

5. My life. Don't you know your life isn't yours alone, but a gift from God? He came to give us life so we could live it abundantly! I am so thankful for my life through Jesus! Thank you Lord!

What are you thankful for today?

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey


Chatty Kelly

20 comments:

KelliGirl said...

Kelly,
I'm with you on every point! Congratulations on writing two articles in a day! Very impressive. I'd be happy with an article in a week!

Today I'm especially thankful for the simple beauty of nature outside my window.

Have a wonderful day!

My ADHD Me said...

1. Hurray to you for prioritizing!

2. Hurray again!
Accountability - Ugh
...opps...
I mean Accountability - A GREAT thing!

3. No Doubt About It!!

4. Yep, No doubt again!!

5. Thank You!

Gina Stinson said...

Congrats on getting those articles written. Wishing you the best in getting them pubished!

B His Girl said...

I'm thankful for so much. God's grace has always been like a bouquet of flowers waiting on my doormat. Today I am focusing on that. B

Greg C said...

And to think I thought I was going to be first to comment but I see I wasn't. Great list though and ditto on the children.

Mrs. Sidney said...

Great job this week!!

Jenny said...

Great list, I agree about the kiddos. You need time alone, but life just would not be the same without them :)

skoots1mom said...

to His glory...
great post!

Leslie said...

Yes, I think all preschool mommies are feeling what you expressed in #3! We preschool teachers on the other hand....hee, hee, hee. You have to read my #5 this week! I am praying for much maturity over the summer regarding my 3-year-old class as they will become my 4-year-old class in the fall!

Laurie said...

Hey Kelly,
Good for you in keeping with your goals:) I, too, appreciate (and at time long for) time to myself:)
Blessings, Laurie

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

I think it's great that you appreciate both the time you spend with your kids, and the time that they are at school. Sometimes it takes time away to really appreciate the times together. I love your # 5, too!

Carmen Gamble said...

Awesome list Kelly! Keeping my fingers crossed for your submissions!

Lisa said...

Joining you in thanking God for abundant life! Abundant in love, abundant in joy, abundant in peace - all for the asking!
Blessings - Lisa

Blasé said...

Good Evening, and PTL

I’m a simple kind of man. And I appreciate simple things in life. There is not much I take for granted. That is one of the many things about me that my wife adores. When she serves me with lil’ things, I show my appreciation in a number of ways.

Today, I’m thankful for Mayonnaise that comes in the Squeeze Bottles. No more of the ‘clang-clang-dingle-dingle-clang-clang’ irritating noise that the butter knife makes against the sides of the glass jar. No more messy knuckles…YUCK!. Just squeeze and GO. Though glass has its place, plastic has done wonders for all of us, and I don’t take it for granted.

Thanks Kelly for Thankful Thursdays, and as the Bible states- “Be thankful in ALL things”. No matter the situations we find ourselves in, we can always find many lil’ things to be thankful for.

B His Girl said...

Hey Kelly,

I like your fairy letter for Brooke. B

Technonana said...

I'm thankful for friends like you who give encouragement to others!! I see your light shining all the way down here!!

Edie said...

I'm still thankful that I met you, even if I don't get as much chance to come visit lately.

Miss you my friend!!

Edie said...

Oh, I'm proud of you for getting those articles in too. :D

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Kelly, great list! I'm thankful for my kids too! almost every Thursday they make my list ::smiles::

Yolanda said...

I'm thankful as well when i'm granted some alone time....our children are raised and have families of their own, but i love and miss them.