Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday. Today is the day in history where we remember the horrible agony our Savior went through for us. He was beaten, mocked, crucified. But he willing lay down his life, he gave up his spirit, so that we could be forgiven and receive eternal life. His perfect life given to pay the price for our sins.

It must have been a terrible day for his followers, disciples, mother, to see their loved one abused so. So today, we remember and mourn. But we know the rest of the story, so we don't have to be devastated. He rises up 2 days later (on the 3rd day), just as he said he would. And he continues to live and reign...forever!

Yes, it is Good Friday. But Sunday's coming!



Chatty Kelly

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Praise Him my friend!! He is sooo Worthy Amen! It's a good day, because I have Jesus in my life!
Have a Great Resurrection Sunday!

Vashti said...

Have a WONDERFUL Christfilled Easter. This morning we went to church. Then we went to the beach with a load of friends and all our kids. Now we are home as a family. Easter is such a family time. I LOVE it!
Lots of South African love coming your way.
xxx

Sue J. said...

The first time I heard this song was during a worship service. I had just worked through a gabillion issues of mine and was starting to be able to go to church without tearing up. Then there was this song, and that broke me up all over again.

Much power expressed in those lyrics, yet, "like a rose...." It's a perfect picture for today!

The Patterson 5 said...

Have a wonderful Easter as you praise God for his mercy and love and for His enourmous love for us!

Edie said...

Love it!! Just wanted to wish you an abundantly blessed celebration of the RISEN LORD!

Leslie said...

I love that song. Sometimes I look around at the things in my home or think of the things we humans value and am sure that God is just shaking His head at how shallow we are. I am always asking Him for wisdom and discernment because I only want to be in this world, not of it.

Carmen Gamble said...

Happy Easter Kelly! Love that song!

Mary Moss said...

I so love this song. The words are very moving. This is a wonderful post.

sailorcross said...

We know the outcome of Good Friday. So even though the enormity of what Jesus did for us overwhelms me, I have to stop and think of those who did not know the outcome--the disciples, Mary, Mary Magdalene, and all the others who loved Jesus at that time.

What must they have been feeling? Lost, alone, frightened? I'm sure that there were many emotions running through them during these few days that we do not have to experience due to Jesus' sacrifice for us.

This is a wonderful song-one of my many favorites.

Today I am thankful that I believe, that I have Jesus in my life, and I pray that others will come to Him to know His love, hope and joy.

Beth