Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 1/1/09

Today's Thankful Thursday meme will be in the form of things I am thankful for, and my resolutions regarding them in 2009. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1. I am thankful for my family. I resolve to try to apply the fruits of the spirit in my relationship with them: love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. That means I'll be biting my tongue...a lot!

2. I am so thankful for my friends, both local and bloggy. I resolve in 2009 to spend time with them, and share moments and deepen the wonderful gift God has given us in each other.

3. I am thankful for a healthy body! Praise God! I resolve to do more with this healthy body, like exercising to build aerobic strength and stamina.

4. I am thankful God blessed me with the gift of writing, which has become my passion. I resolve to get serious in my writing. I hope to write a devotional book this year, perhaps to be published in 2010. I plan to write for publication at least 3 hours a week. That is the goal.

5. (I save the Best for last) I am so thankful to have God in my life. I resolve to do daily bible reading. I am planning on joining Wendy Pope, and about 1,000 other folks, as we read the entire chronological Bible next year. I've never tried this before, and I pray I will be faithful in this, (along with my regular weekly bible study and my Sunday School class, and research for my writing!! Pray I fulfill this goal!)

So what are your goals for 2009? What are you thankful for? Leave me a comment, or write your own post. Be sure to let me know so I can come visit. And don't forget to link up to Truth 4 the Journey, at her Thankful Thursday meme by clicking the button below.

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

13 comments:

Greg C said...

Kelly. I posted on my blog before reading this post and I see we wrote some of the same things. Isn't that wonderful. We have so much to be thankful for. I am very thankful that God brought us together through blogging.

Melanie said...

I am challenging myself in 2009 to "no more playing it safe." I'm going to pursue projects that glorify God even though it means putting myself "out there" and being vulnerable.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Mary Moss said...

You really have some challenging goals for next year! It's really awesome to read that others are feeling a stronger and stronger pull on their hearts to use their gift of writing in such powerful ways.

I'm so glad to have become bloggy friends! I hope we can deepen our friendship through RCWW this year:-)

B His Girl said...

Happy New Year Kelly,

I love your defined goals. I pray you will stay committed to your devotional writing time. God wants to show Himself strong in your life. You have the gift. :)
Sometimes we have to cut out things, even good things, to do what God is calling us to do. I pray He will help your schedule as a busy Mom with younger children.
I have a friend, B, God has connected me with in ministry. We are going to actually lay out about 3 years of conversations with Him and try to figure out what He is calling us to do. It looks like it is a joint venture. We are the BB's. We meet weekly to talk and pray about what the Lord is doing in our life. I pray God will open our eyes to His purpose. I wasted so many years in my life. Walking in the fullness of God means everything to me. Happy New Year Kelly. Jesus loves you!

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Happy New Year Kelly!
Just poppin in to say hey and tell ya how HAPPY I am we met! I look forward to gettin to know you and Mary better!
I'm with ya on the bible readin! Mike gave me The Message bible for Christmas and I'm totally lovin it!
I'm thankful for HEALTH too and I'm WITH YOU.. about the exercise and taking care of this vessel!
I have 15-20 pounds to lose and am starting pilates in about a week. We ORDERED it last night! I always seem to laugh n joke about my m&m addiction but truth is.. it's EVIL to me. Not kiddin*
So you're not alone- just wanted you to know that.
Lookin forward to a new year praising THEE MOST HIGH GOD.. together!
I love readin you... and will never EVER forget the white impatiens story.
JESUS ROCKS!
Love Lea

Mrs. Sidney said...

I just did my first reading today... I will have to check out the blog you mention that is reading the bible in a year!!

Happy New Year!!

My ADHD Me said...

I have no doubt that you will reach your goals.
I'm thankful that you talked me into blogging. (Notice a trend...)

Marla said...

Happy New Year Kelly! I know all of the things that I would like to accomplish in 2009, but there are so many that I never seem to put them down in writing. I think I would set myself up for failure. You have great goals and I am sure that you will be successful.

Edie said...

Happy New Year to you my very dear friend! You have been a real blessing to me over and over.

May He richly bless you as you follow Him this year!

Love ya!

Susan said...

Oh I love this! Happy happy new Year Kelly! I've got to really get my head into my plans...for this year. Actually, make that "God's Plans" for this year.

Big Hugs,

:-) Susan

sailorcross said...

Happy New Year, Kelly!!

Your goals are outstanding!! I, too, am leaning on God--my goals for this year are HIS goals for me.

Some of them are still not known--waiting patiently--hmmmm.....but, He will always guide and direct me, and for that I am most thankful!!

I missed Thankful Thursday in the hustle-bustle of getting my youngest ready to fly back to Texas, but I am now thankful that she arrived safely home last evening.

Beth

Carol said...

Awesome! Sweet blessings in '09! I read the Bible through this past year and it was one of the most incredible things. I learned SO much. God is good!

Annette said...

Hi Kelly, I didn't post any resolutions this year. I don't seem to be able to keep to my goals. But I do secretly have things that I would love to stick to. But the one secretly thing that I am wanting this year is to be a great MeMe. You see, I am gonna be a MeMe for the first time this year and my goal is try to be the best MeMe that I can. This is something that I am so excited about and I want to strive to be good at it.