Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday 12/4

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Sharing in Thankful Thursday with Truth 4 the Journey (click the button above to visit her blog). I am listing 5 things, big or small, I am thankful for this week.

1. Thanksgiving went wonderfully at my house, I am so thankful that the food was great, the clean up easy, the kids all played well together. Really a nice day.

2. For the "men folk" who brought all our Christmas stuff down from the attic on Thanksgiving day, since my husband is still recovering from arm surgery and cannot lift boxes.

3. That I've been asked to write a 4 part series for an ezine, and I turned in "Part 1" on Monday. It will run Jan - Apr and I'll link to it in each month. Meeting deadlines is awesome!

4. I am truly thankful for how blessed I am with "things" in my life. Not that we're rich, but I am sponsoring a few people this holiday and when you see the needs that are out there, you cannot help but feel so blessed for simple things like home, family, food.

5. I am thankful that I'm finished Christmas shopping for my kids! But they're easy. I haven't bought a thing for my husband, and have no ideas either. But I'm thankful I've done a lot of shopping, and have little left to do.

That's it, 5 easy things to be thankful for this week. How about you?

Chatty Kelly

13 comments:

Kay Martin said...

Thankful for many things but I will focus today on the surprise of the beautiful people like you in my life through the internet.

No one could ever have convinced me I would delight in reading and writing in blog-land as I do. The depth of insight here on your blog has expanded my understanding in some most surprising ways.

So this Thursday I focus on thanksgiving for the ways God is using the internet for His purposes. I thank Him for you.

God bless,
Kay Martin

Greg C said...

I am thankful for great Blogger friends who keep me thinking. You are so right. We have so much to be thankful for. I am thinking about helping out a family this year too.

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

Oh my....I am thankful for your commentors above and how I am sure they blessed you today. :)

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Just want to tell ya I'M THANKFUL to have met you Kelly!!

I loved reading your thankful heart.
Have a great day!
Be blessed all over!
Holykisses,
lea

I had every intention to share in yalls TT and I goofed and linked to the one I used to share in. I really wanted to make the switch.
Hopefully next week I'll get my act together.

My ADHD Me said...

Yes, "We Like You! We Really Like You!"
I am thankful you're my sister.

Irritable Mother said...

Hey, that's great about the ezine series. Congratulations!

I am thankful for God's goodness and patience with me - and particularly for relationship insight He has given me recently.

Melanie said...

Congratulations on your writing assignment. That's exciting!

Edie said...

Hey Congratulations on the ezine! Yay for you! Is that what you call a writing ENGAGEMENT??? :)

I am so very thankful that I had a Tip to share at just the right time. :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'm thankful you are my sister and other times I am thankful that I am your sister.
ET

Joyfulsister said...

I'm thankful for you my sweet sistah!! You are truly an ornament for Jesus.. An ornament of truth, that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ!!

Hugz Lorie

sailorcross said...

I'm just getting around to reading everyone's "Thankfuls"!!

Your list is wonderful!! And I'm thankful that through blogging I've met you and so many others!!

I never dreamed when I started blogging what an adventure of learning this could be for me.

I've learned so much from so many others, and this encourages me on my journey.

Have a blessed day, Kelly!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

ps I am thankful you allowed my "other" family and friends to come for Thanksgiving--Thank YOu!!


ET

Truth4thejourney said...

Hi Kelly,

I am so glad that I read your thankful list. It's really neat to see the thankful hearts of those around us and join in with the praise. :)

Sonya